Sunday, March 11, 2012

Forbidden Ecstasy (Grey Eagle) by Janelle Taylor

This is book three in the Grey Eagle series.

The day after Shalee (Alisha) and Grey Eagle's joining, when they have vowed to love one another, Grey Eagle goes to replenish supplies and leaves Alisha in the desert. She starts becoming concerned when he hasn't returned after two days. Has he been harmed? When Powchutu comes to her and claims that Grey Eagle returned to the camp and said that she died by enemy braves, her world crumbles. Powchutu talks her into going East with him and trying to go back to England. Along the way there are many troubles and many enemies.

I had mixed feelings about this book. On the one hand it was an enjoyable read, but on the other, I was disappointed. When I realized where these feelings came from, I enjoyed the book more. It came from them being separated. You don't hear from Grey Eagle after the first part of the book until chapter eighteen. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it had gone back to him occasionally. This book focused on Alisha and what she was living and going through, which was fine. By the time I finished the book I realized how much I did enjoy it. Forbidden Ecstasy followed in the line of the previous two with the descriptions and emotions. I cried while reading this book. It evoked great emotion. I was worried and anxious right along with Alisha. Ms. Taylor has captivated me with yet another book in her Grey Eagle series.

Stars- 4
Passion- 3
Length- 500 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment