Friday, March 16, 2012

Going Under by Georgia Cates

When Jesse Boone gets transferred to East Franklin High he's not happy to be starting his senior year with nothing but rich kids. Jesse's from the south side where all the kids are poor. When he takes the position of starting quarterback, Forbes decides he wants his spot back. That's when Jesse decides he'll take Forbes' girlfriend. Unfortunately, Claire is more than Jesse bargained for and he finds himself falling in love. But what are the odds of anything coming of a bad boy drug dealer and a rich princess?

LOVED it! I couldn't put the book down. I loved Jesse from the first moment and I would have fought just as hard to keep him. Claire was very real and sweet and perfect for Jesse. I did feel for Jesse with what his home life was like. These characters where so real. They had great emotions and dialogue. I didn't feel like I was reading something written by a middle schooler or someone who just slapped a book together in hopes it would sell. Ms. Cates is a wonderful author and I would love to read more of her work. I will say that there are a few places where there were added words or missing words but it didn't take me out of the zone too badly.

Stars- 4
Passion- 1
Length- 440 KB on Kindle

2 comments:

  1. I found this review when I googled myself. Everyone should do that from time to time. LOL! Thanks for the wonderful review. I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thank you for the wonderful book. I even cried towards the end there.

      Delete