Saturday, June 2, 2012

First Love (Now & Forever) by Melissa Johns

Emily has just moved to Buffalo, New York to be closer to her mom. When she starts her senior year of high school she catches the eye of Eric, the star quarterback. Emily's never had a boyfriend and Eric's not really allowed to have a girlfriend. His football career is too important to his dad. Now, these two grow closer and closer and have to figure out a way to make this work.

First, very cute story. I'll probably read the sequel when it's released. Second, this book needs an editor to not just edit but send it up in flames. There were so many punctuation, grammatical, and even tense errors that it was extremely annoying. Also, they're called contractions. Use them. It's okay to sometimes throw out the "I will" or "you are" in your sentences, but no one speaks like that all the time. Last, there was lots and lots and LOTS of smirking going on in this book. Pick a different expression. There are smiles, frowns, quirked lips, not just smirks.

I know it seems I have just slammed the hell out of this book. I did. BUT that doesn't mean I didn't still enjoy the book. Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure I'll be reading the sequel just because I do like the story of Emily and Eric and I want to know what's going to happen. I just hope the next book will have been edited.


Stars- 2
Passion- 2
Length- 126 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment