Thursday, February 9, 2012

Forever by Theresa Weir

What do you do when you go from being thirty-eight to nineteen? This is what Sammy has had to do. He's been in a cat wreck and when he woke up he was nineteen. Not physically. Mentally. The horrible VA hospital he was in had already written him off as a lost cause after only two weeks. His sister, Molly, comes to visit him and sees the horrible way he's being mistreated and decides that he needs to be transferred. When he gets transferred to the university hospital things get a little better. His new doctor, Rachel Collins is a wonderful psychiatrist, but she has her own pain and broken past. Sammy has a way of seeing right into her and knowing where her pain lies and what buttons to push. He's angry and confused and wants to lash out. Rachel can't handle the pain that he brings forth in her and decides to leave, but when she finds out that Sammy is being mistreated by another doctor, she comes back to save him with a vengeance. Together, they learn to heal each other.

Okay, I just couldn't stop reading this book. It's kind of a taboo subject, doctor falls in love with a patient. I just wanted to hold Sammy and I did, at a couple points, cry for him. I felt so horrible about what he was going through. He was also so strong and vibrant that I couldn't help but fall in love with him. Rachel had me groaning for her as well. I felt horrible when I learned what happened in her past and how she still felt about it. I just couldn't imagine. The characters were beautifully written. I'm not sure if it's the Kindle edition or in both Kindle and print, but the words that end in "t", the t was replaced with an r. So you got bur instead of but. I just noticed it a few times, definitely not enough to disrupt me.

Stars- 5
Passion- 2
Length- 217 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment