Sunday, February 5, 2012

From Here to There by Rain Trueax

Helene decides on her wedding day that she's making a mistake. Unfortunately, or maybe very fortunately, she doesn't tell her fiance until after the ceremony. Immediately after the ceremony. Phillip is stunned that his new wife has decided to leave him so quickly. Helene goes to Montana to help out at her uncle's ranch and try to figure her life out. Her parents are getting divorced, she's getting an annulment and she's tired of everyone deciding her life for her. Uncle Amos decides not to tell Helene that before they came back to Montana from Boston that he paid a visit to Phillip. Uncle Amos has asked Phillip to come out to the ranch as a hand and maybe work his marriage out. Two weeks later, Helene starts to learn that there's a lot more to her business savvy husband. Something that makes him more like a real man.

I loved this book. I liked that the romance actually grew rather than just being shoved at me all at once. Helene and Phillip actually took the time to learn who the other was and see them for the person they are rather than the people that got married after barely knowing each other. The land was described beautifully, the writing was well done, although there were a couple of grammatical and punctuation errors. Nothing too serious, just enough to make you stop and reread the sentence again. I only noticed this a handful of times. It still didn't change my feelings for this wonderful book.

Stars- 4
Passion- 2
Length- 242 pages

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I was looking for what Google was saying about my name, sometimes a good thing to do. And came across your review of my book. I really appreciated what you said. The book hasn't gotten many reviews; so I wasn't sure how readers were taking it. I am going back to check for those spelling and punctuation things you found :) Thanks. (incidentally I was also a stay at home mom many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and, like I said, I thoroughly enjoyed your book. The slow lead up to the romance was really nice for a change. Please keep writing wonderful books.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I will have one coming out in June, 'Luck of the Draw,' that you might keep an eye out for and look at its blurb when it is published. It's a story set in the rodeo world in 1974. A lot of my stories do have more violence in them, but it's another similar to 'From Here to There.'

      I especially enjoyed writing 'From Here to There' because it's the world in which I live, people I know, and about land I love very much. Although I live in rural Oregon on a small cattle and sheep ranch, I have spent a lot of time in the Paradise Valley.

      Delete