Thursday, January 26, 2012

Amanda's Blue Marine by Doreen Owens Malek

Amanda is an ADA who has apparently garnered the attention of someone she helped put away. She goes to the police to get some protection. What she gets is super sexy Detective Brendan Kelly. Detective Kelly is a retired Marine turned cop. He's amazing at what he does even if he is a bit of a wild card. He also can't help but get to know the beautiful red head he's assigned to protect. Unfortunately, she's rich...and engaged to a congressman. To someone with Kelly's past, it's inconceivable that someone like Mandy would even be interested in him for longer than the time it takes to eliminate the threat to her.

I loved this book. I know I say that about most of the reviews I do, but I do love most of the books I read. If they engage me like Amanda's Blue Marine did, then I love it. This book pulled me in and I was just as worried for Amanda as everyone else was. Something I also thought was unique, and I have never seen before, was that this book had two epilogues. Really. Two. They summed up the story very nicely. I would like to read more by Doreen Owens Malek.

Stars- 5
Passion- 2
Length- 308 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment