Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Intuition (The Premonition Series) by Amy A. Bartol

This is the sequel to Inescapable (The Premonition Series)
Evie is evolving more and more. She's still looking over her shoulder for Alfred. Reed is still wonderful and Russell is still the best friend she could ask for. Unfortunately, Evie has discovered the danger she produces for Reed and Zephyr. Evie talks Russell into running away with her to protect those she loves and to help keep Russell hidden from Dominion.

I loved this book just as much as Inescapable (The Premonition Series). I almost couldn't put it down and when I really  had to, it was all could think about. I was completely swept away by all the love, action, and drama. I never wanted the book to end. Now, I'm just waiting on Indebted to be released. I can't wait to continue the wonderful story of angels and the Fallen. Also, there's some new bad guys to try and conquer. That just keeps the story interesting. I also loved and hated that this book was broken up into key players. We start with Evie and everyone else, then it goes into the story from Russell's point of view, then it goes into Evie's until everyone is reunited. The book is mostly told from Evie's perspective as it is.

The only thing that bugs me about this series is Ms. Bartol's perspective on the southern dialect. She writes people's accents wonderfully. Okay, my beef - Ms. Bartol writes Russell's language wonderfully except she doesn't seem to really know how to use y'all. That word is plural and she uses it relentlessly when speaking to and about just one person. Singular is still 'you' while plural is y'all. I still loved this book and devoured it like it was the last time I might ever get to red.

Stars- 5
Passion- 1
Length- 394 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment