Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm Saying Yes by E.N. Holland

Think Brokeback Mountain...only better. I have to say I loved this well written novel.

1970s. Allen and Jim have known each other since they were 16 and met as ranch hands on Rattlesnake Ranch. they have also been meeting up a couple times a year except for a short break while Jim was in the Army. The novel starts with Allen waiting for Jim to show up for one of their week long get aways. This week Jim decides to tell Allen to either suck it up and be his or not call him anymore because a month before Allen blew him off after his divorce was final.
Allen says yes to Jim's ultimatum and this starts off the next four months. Jim telling his wife he'd like a divorce and them finding work and a place to stay at the Lazy L farm in Texas.

This book also shows you a lot of the fears a gay couple can experience and the ignorance of people about a gay couple. It also shows you how good of friends people can really be and look past the fact that they are gay. It's really a beautifully written novel that had me wishing I was there with them. It also had me crying I was so emotionally invested.

Stars- 5
Passion- 5
Length- approx. 315 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment