Monday, January 9, 2012

Clay's Way by Blair Mastbaum

This book is about a 15 turns 16 year old boy in Hawaii named Sam. He is in love with a boy named Clay. Sam is very angsty. He lives for pot and Clay. His pastimes include trying to be someone he's not, masturbating, and trailing after Clay trying to make Clay think he's cool. Clay, is a 17 year old surfer who has the tendency to adopt the personality of whoever he is with. He's really into partying and drugs.

I didn't particularly care for this book. It was well written and maybe it's just not my kind of book. I'm not really sure but it seemed that Sam had way too much angst for any teenager. He would go from "I love Clay" to "I want to hit him in the face until he bleeds". It just seemed that this kid was more on the verge of mass murder/suicide than anything else. I never really could figure Clay out other than he just wouldn't show anyone the real him.

This book is definitely not for a young audience as there is extensive marijuana use, cocaine use, drinking, and tons of masturbating.

Stars- 3
Passion- 4 If you don't mind constant masturbation
Length- 256 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment