Friday, January 13, 2012

Out of Time by Deborah Truscott

Kathy Lee is a lost woman and mother. She has an absentee husband and a crazy mother. She's spending more and more time at her mother's and a couple days at home, but she still doesn't feel either place is right. When she inherits Uncle Bennet's house, she makes a startling discovery in her shed. She finds Robert Upton from the year 1777. Kathy Lee leaves her kids at her mother's and her and Robert drive to her mother's beach house to try and figure out how to get Robert back to his time without anyone finding out about him.

I liked this book very much. I also fell in love with Robert. I thought Kathy Lee was very intelligent and brave, which I personally like a lot more than a simpering airhead. I did think the climax at the end should have lasted just a bit longer instead of being completely resolved in a couple of pages. I also couldn't really figure out why the epilogue was from Lila's (Kathy Lee's mother) point of view when none of the rest of the book was. All in all, the book was well worth the read.

Stars- 4
Passion- 1
Length- approx. 324 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment